Monday, April 9, 2018

#899 WWF – DEMOLITION MINI FIGURE (Around 1991)

Since April was “traditionally” a month in which I only showed bootleg and knock-off toys, I will continue doing so in this entry and the next one.


This figure is extremely rare. I am quite certain is one of those little toys sold inside plastic balls in vending machines on streets. For 1 Euro (or 100 pesetas at the time), you get one surprise toy.

Those toys are mostly crap, but since recently I have been observing how big the attraction that these machines have over children is. The slot-machines are kind of mesmerizing to children, and I guess I was no exception when I was younger. I recall looking from below to check if I could see which ball would come next.

I think I found this figure in Spain. It is made of plastic (it is made of some soft PVC, without points of articulation), and could represent any Demolition member, that is, Ax, Smash or Crush. Since the face is so poorly detailed, I don’t dare saying it is one or the other.

As you can see, also the cast, thepaintwork and the finishing are poor, but despite all these negative aspects, it is a great collectable item, that very few people have (or may have). I wonder if it was already a China import or if it was finished somewhere in Spain, what would make it even more interesting.

I cannot say anything else about it. Manufacturer? Year? Country of origin? Anybody?

For the purpose of this entry, I photographed it together with a Hasbro figure and it’s “bigger size” knock-off figure presented in entry #537.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: DEMOLITION MINI FIGURE
  • Toy Line: Unknown
  • Year: Around 1991
  • Company: Unknown Manufacturer
  • Size of the figures: 5-6 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment