Wednesday, July 6, 2016

#696 JOAL – MERCEDES BENZ 350 SL (N°124) (Around 1973)


Amazing model made by Joal in the early 70s. It is a Mercedes 350 SL in brown/gold color. It was also available in other colours (bright yellow, blue, red…), and also as part of car+trailer sets, for example with a roulotte or a boat.


This was one of the first models that came with this jewel case with yellow plastic base. Previously all models came in a green cardboard box, as seen in entry #406 or #523.



The car has practicable doors, bonnet and trunk, and came with two stickers. Other features are chromed hubcaps, chromed front and bumpers, plastic headlights and realistic steering wheel.


FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: MERCEDES BENZ 350 SL (Nº124)
  • Scale: 1:43
  • Year: Around 1973
  • Company: Joal (Spain)
  • Size: approx. 9 cm

2 comments:

  1. One of the toys I had when I was a child. Thank you for the pictures.

    It is suprising the quality of these cars, considering they were made back in the 70's. Plenty of workable doors and working suspension, if my memory serves me well.

    I also owned a yellow Lamborghini Miura made by Joal, although at the time I did not know it was a Lamborghini. All I knew was that it look like a hell of a car LOL.

    Also from Joal I had a car with a caravan. I can not tell the model of the car, because at the time I was not concious of car makes as I told before. I would have said it was a BMW, but it could have been the Iso Rivolta, as I can not find any BMW made by Joal browsing through the internet.

    Thanks again and congratulations for your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Many thanks for sharing those nice memories of this toy car. I think the ISO Rivolta was available with a camper/roulotte/caravan. If I recall well, I have seen it in a long cardboard box with window, very impressive.

      Indeed were they great toys!

      Delete